Sunday, March 9, 2008

Jumbo Clothespin

Finally!!!! Sorry it took so long for me to post again. I made this jumbo clothespin and when I went to take a picture, my batteries had died. I just bought some new ones today! Just a little tip; if you have a digital camera and go through batteries like crazy (which is what I was going through) you should try the Lithium batteries by Energizer. They work like a dream. They last 7 times longer than normal batteries, they really are amazing! Now, about this project, I painted the clothespin with blush color paint. I then used a coat of Mod Podge to adhere the patterned paper and then put on another coat to give it a nice sheen. I dragged out my die cut machine and cut the letters from cork and did the same for the card stock to cover the letters. I used Crystal Effects (Stampin Up) to adhere the letters. Once everything was dry I tied the ribbon and voila...an altered clothespin. Joe is my son's name, I've been using it to display his picture! Another tip, if you decide to take on a project like this, it is more convenient to take the clothespin apart before you start. For those of you who don't have a clue, I'll be offering a class soon, to make this project. On another note, I just finished reading a really good book a few days ago. If you have ever seen the movie, The Count of Monte Cristo and loved it, well then you'll love this book! It is called Exact Revenge by Tim Green. It is a couple of years old (2005), but I needed something to read and came across this book. It was a great read. If you haven't seen the movie, The Count of Monte Cristo, you should watch that too! Now that I have enough batteries to last me a while, I'll continue to post more soon! As my sons would say...Peace!

No comments: