Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Gift for Diane

This is a gift for my friend Diane. She is in my bible talk group and just a few weeks ago, her son was in a really bad car accident. All of the women in my bible talk tried to think of something we could do to encourage her. Everyone wrote an encouraging scripture on a note card or sheet of paper, even post its and this is what I came up with. It is a block that I made into a collage of all the scriptures, I added some ribbon (if you know me, you know I have to add ribbon to everything I do!) and some rub ons to make it complete. The block was purchased at Michaels. It is very light weight in case you are wondering. I used Mod Podge to adhere the patterned paper and all the notes of scripture. I also rubbed along the edges of most of the pieces of paper with a stamp pad. Initially, I was going to decorate a box with patterned paper as well as paint and then just store everything inside but I didn't like the way it turned out! So then I tried this idea and since a few of my co-workers were exclaiming over how much they liked it, I thought it might be a hit with Diane. It can act as a decorative piece in her house (so if I go over, I hope it isn't hidden somewhere! hint, hint :)), and as a reminder that she has friends that are there for her. On top of the block I put the title "Your rainbow on a rainy day" because that is what we are as friends! I was racking my brain trying to come up with something for the title. It wasn't until I started reading all the scriptures that I came up with one, thank you God for the inspiration! Anyway I hope you enjoy taking a peak and let me know what you think! Also stay tuned...I'm working on my next project and I think it is going to be a real winner, at least I'm hoping it will be! I also have to clean my craft space...ugh!!

No comments: