Saturday, January 31, 2009

Valentine's Day Mini Book

I completed this book last week after I was so itching for my Candy Cane Lane paper to come. I wanted to kiss the floor the UPS lady walks on, when my paper finally arrived. For those of you who are aware, Stampin' Up has had back orders galore because of the holidays and the demand for the Love You Much Bundle. But, at last, it finally arrived. The first photo is the front cover. I didn't do much as far as stamping any sentiments throughout the book, because I may be giving this away and I wanted the person receiving this to embellish the book the way they wanted to. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a symmetrical scrapper. I like everything clean and lined up precisely. I'm working on that though! I really love the whole shabby chic look but it is hard to create shabby chic without all the embellishing, so although this isn't quite shabby chic for me, it is my attempt at it. What do you think? I think I need some improvement. I'm also trying to improve my picture taking. Would you believe that I just found the setting on my camera that allows me to take pictures in direct light from my lamp. Am I making sense? I do most of my projects throughout the day and by the time I'm done, it is dark already and I'm taking pictures by the lamp on my table. My pictures haven't been coming out all that great s0 I started fooling around with my camera today! I've had it for over a year and didn't know that I could switch the setting to indicate artificial light! Duh!! Anyway...I hope you see an improvement, it's noticeable to me! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think! Part 2 is below, which is the rest of the book!

No comments: