Sunday, March 1, 2009

KWerner Color Challenge #43

Hi Everyone,
Originally I wasn't going to participate in this weeks color challenge. I got together with a friend from church on Thursay and we came up with a design for a bridal shower invite. When we had first had a conversation, we were going to make a sample of the bridal show card and then used the rest of our time to make cards for our personnal use. Unfortunately the shower card took longer than I had anticipated and we never got around to making cards for us! I was feeling bad about that so I took some supplies to work last night (yes, that is the graveyard shift on the weekends) I have to do something to keep me awake :) I decorated this can and there is a story that goes with that too! The can is actually a coffee can! We get these at work all the time and everyone was just throwing them away. Well one day I decided that the next can that is thrown out I would just take it home instead and see if I could do something wtih it! Well I guess someone else had the same idea and they beat me to the can! I was a little miffed over this! Not to worry though...the next can was saved for me and this is what I came up with for Mj. It just so happens that the colors are the same color combination that Kristina posted for her challenge. This was so not planned. I just worked with what I had and didn't realize until later that I could post this pic for the challenge! Anyhow... I decorated the can and then made a bunch of cards to go inside and also provided her with envelopes! I love this Cheap Talk set from Stampin Up! I made several different types of cards but here are just a few.
This card, I suppose can probably fit the just because category. The sentiment reads, you've got a friend in me.
I also made several Happy Birthday cards. You can never have to many of those!
Here is another Happy Birthday Card!
Another, "You've got a friend in me card." I did make some thank you cards and thinking of you cards too! I just didn't want my post to be to long so I left some photos out! Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Winter said...

Cute idea with the coffee can! Very cute cards too!

Diane said...

what a great Idea I love it