Sunday, January 20, 2008

Whole Lotta Layouts Going On...

Whew, it took a while to upload all these pictures. Incidentally, I thought I would have even more pictures to upload. Turns out I have all these layouts but a lot of them are using retired stamp sets. So I decided not to upload those. Anyway...I'm done with what I have. The layout to the left is a single page layout using the Priceless set. I made this for a stamp club meeting. I try to keep my style simple but I do love to cut out images and this just happened to be one of those occasions a form of torture...or so my stamp club girls say :). This next layout is one that my stamp club made in November in anticipation of Christmas. I used the Jumbo Outline Alphabet for the letters...yes... one more form of torture. Because my stamp club members say so. Anyway... they really don't mind, they just give me a hard time! The Christmas stamp set is Wondrous Gift. I love this set! Don't you? Once a year for the last two years I have held one big scrapbooking event. I mean this sucker is a lot of work! It is a stamp camp that I hold in July. It is an all day event and we have so much fun! This layout is from last year's scrap camp. If you can't read the lettering very well it says You Are Loved. Even though you can't see it very well, every mat on this layout is stamped with a background stamp or a wheel is used. Believe it or not, I had some help from a friend (thanks Susan) pre-cutting all the hearts for everyone that came. Otherwise we would have been there all night! This layout, Happy Campers, is also a product of my scrap camp. I try to include some that are easy enough to do and others are not for the faint of heart. I think that this year instead of holding my scrap camp in July, I may hold it one month earlier... it's something to think about anyway. My You Rock layout, although quite simple, is one of my favorites. I have two boys that love to play Guitar Hero, not to mention myself and I wanted to make something that looked a bit more masculine. I do lean toward frilly layouts, isn't that ironic considering I have no girls? The You Rock letters are embossed with white embossing powder. That is the only stamping done on the layout but I went for the really simple look. What do you think? I haven't shared this with my stamp club ladies, it is just a layout I made for myself. Gotta do that once in a while. Yep... you guessed it! The Boo layout was also another stamp club project. My theory is that you don't need to stamp much as long as you have ribbon! I love...love...love ribbon. I used the Year After Year set for the pumpkins. Now if only I could get my teenagers to a pumpkin patch to take some pictures! Not happening!
Alright, I know I'm a Stampin Up demo but even I fall victim to using non-Stampin Up items. This being done so with this card and the next three cards after this. Does anyone remember what a Sizzix die cut machine is? I had mine buried in a closet for the last two or three years. Since felt happens to be the new cool thing to use I wanted to incorporate it onto my cards and layouts. Hmmm.... How could I do this I asked myself? A few days ago I opened the hall closet and there in all it's glory was my die cut machine, sitting there as unused as the day I bought it, well maybe I did use it once or twice. I hadn't bought very many die cuts for it so my natural inclination was to run down to Michael's to see what I could find. Low and behold I found a die cut that cuts three different flowers that can be used seperately or layered on top of each other. So I went die cut crazy. I was in a frenzy when I got home and started using the machine like I had never used it before. I cut so many felt flowers that I had to put them in a separate container. After I had finished cutting up all my felt it was my natural inclination to use what I had of course so these are cards I came up with. The ribbon is also non-Stampin Up ribbon but I couldn't resist! I used the Celebrate Everything stamp set. So if you have a die cutter that has been collecting dust... by all means bring it into the light of day and use it! Let me know what you think by leaving a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you can't really read the title that well it says A Father's love... Priceless. This is a layout from my first annual scrap camp. I struggle trying to come up with pages that are more masculine looking, to the disappointment of my boys, they don't want their pictures on flowery layouts all the time! So I used the Loads of Love stamp set.
This was a stamp club project. Yes it is a flowery layout but don't you just love the colors? I used Only Orange with Blush Blossom cardstock for the photo mats. Oh yeah... did I forget to tell you I love ribbon! Just thought I'd mention it again, just in case you forgot. I started to take the pictures of the double page layouts side by side but found it a bit easier to do it this way. I took the words for the title, from a song: These are the moments, I thank God that I'm alive, These are the moments, I'll remember all my life. I found all I've waited for and I could not ask for more. I don't exactly know what the song title is or the name of the singer, but I love the song! If I get stuck for titles for a layout, I'll listen to the radio and come up with something that way. In this case I thought the song was appropriate for a scrapbook page.

No comments: