Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Shaped Flower Mini Book

Okay, remember I told you I was inspired? Well this is what it led too. I have had a die cutter for years. I drag it out once and a while when I feel the need to or when I feel it is being neglected. In this case however, it was because I was inspired. I don't own the Big Shot yet, but I do own one of the old Sizzix die cutters. I didn't have any chipboard handy, so I used left over coasters; they worked perfectly! The paper I used to cover the flowers is the Candy Cane Lane paper. This little book was really easy to put together! I cut the coasters with the die cutter
and I cut the patterned paper with the die cutter as well. I used the circle punch for the flower middle and I made sure that I mounted it on foam tape (you can also use dimensionals). The reason I did this was because when you cut the flower, it has a hole in the middle. I wanted it covered. I used my crop a dial to punch a hole through the flowers to insert the ring. So, going with my theme of the last few posts, use what you have! I used my die cutter, which had been collecting dust, and my left over coasters! The die actually matches one that is in the Stampin Up catalog, but I don't know the name of it.
Now, on to finishing one more mini book! I've been talking about this for a while, I just need to take a few more pictures! I also plan to cover some valentine mail boxes and decorate them. Stay tuned! Let me know what you think. By the way, I figured out how to include all my pictures on one post. I should have realized how to do this earlier...duh! Life is so much easier with just one post!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

c'est très joli! bravo!