Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jasmine's Scrapbook

This is somewhat of a story so this may be a long post. Sorry I haven't posted in a while but that is about to change! You see I think it was in April or May when I went to a Wednesday night service at my church. It was announced that there was going to be an auction to raise money for the kids to go to camp. So I go to the Wednesday service not really intending to bid on anything but more for support. They started the auction off with people willing to do housework once a week for 5 weeks and the like. I was amazed at the bidding that was going on! Anyway, we started having people auction off different things that they did, such as we had someone auction their cooking skills, he was willing to cook dinner for the whole family or cook for an event such as a party. Someone else built a custom water fountain in their home and was willing to build anyone who bid on this, a custom fountain. We had one guy auction off 25 hours of electrical labor and so on. I had no idea it was going to be like this so when we were right in the middle of this auction I asked Mj (the minister's wife) if I could auction off my scrapbooking skills :) She said she would try to fit me in! So eventually I get called up and tell everyone that I will design enough pages to fill an album for the top bidder. Well then the bidding frenzy was on :) I had two women bidding against each other when Danny (the minister) asks me if I will make two books and each person will pay the same price. Who was I to turn this down! So this page and the pages to follow are a culmination of what I have created for Jasmine who was one of the bidders. I will start on Dawn's book soon. Jasmine gave me her pictures and let me say she has tons of them! We discussed what she wanted and organized what I would be scrapbooking. This layout incorporates two events. The one on the left is Mother's day and the one on the right is Easter. At first I had a hard time trying to figure out how I would scrapbook two events onto one layout but I finally came up with this. That is why there are 2 titles to represent both days. Here is a close up of the left side of the layout. I have to say that Jasmine really has a great camera because her photos have turned out great. Sorry...I don't know what kind of camera she has. Here is a closer look at the right side of the layout. I do have to tell you that Jasmine provided the butterflies. There is a story behind those butterflies. I have the pictures and the chipboard letters all laid out and I was thinking what else can I use on this layout? I tried flowers and a number of other things but they didn't look right on the page. I mean I literally sat for 20 or 30 minutes trying to come up with something when I happened to look into one bag that I had...duh!!! That is when I found the butterflies Jasmine gave me! I had totally forgotten about them! This picture is not to clear but I drew dashed wavy lines for the butterflies. Enjoy and leave me a comment to let me know what you think. I will be posting a layout each day!

No comments: